Job title: Technician in molecular biology, biotechnology (M/W)
Number of positions proposed: 1
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract – 18 months
Workplace: GENOSCOPE (IBFJ/CEA), Evry, France
Expected date of employment: April 15th 2024
Proportion of work: Full time
Desired level of education: BAC + 2, BTS or DUT
Application deadline: March 15th, 2024
Send application to: Janaina Rigonato – firstname.lastname@example.org
ATLASea is a dedicated program committed to providing high-quality reference genomes. Our initiative involves sequencing 4,500 marine species, emphasizing a robust representation of species from mainland France while also encompassing those from overseas territories. The primary objective is to create comprehensive gene catalogs, particularly focusing on marine species with ecological and economic significance. ATLASea goes beyond mere data generation; it aspires to be a driving force for progress, influencing the broader landscape of marine biotechnology for the betterment of our environment and society.
As a member of the Sequencing Laboratory technical team and participating in the SEQ-SEA project, which is dedicated to sequencing the genomes of PEPR ATLASEA, the candidate will collaborate with our expert staff on:
• Participate in sample reception and storage;
• Extract nucleic acids from various biological samples;
• Perform/participate in nucleic acid quality controls (Qubit, Fluoroskan, Tapestation, BioAnalyzer, Femto Pulse, qPCR, etc.).
• Generate DNA and RNA libraries for short-read sequencing (Illumina, MGI) and/or long-read sequencing (Nanopore, PacBio) by hand or with an automated sequencer (BioMek,Tecan,…) according to protocols
• Use in-house data management platform
• Working experience in molecular biology, DNA and RNA manipulation.
• Good knowledge of desktop software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Rigorous, with great attention to detail and a commitment to producing accurate and reliable results.
• Autonomous, dynamic with problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
Talk about us:
The Genoscope is a department of the François Jacob Institute of Biology (IBFJ) located in Evry (30 km south of Paris), a leading player in genomics in France, particularly in the development of massive DNA sequencing and bioinformatics analysis techniques. It is primarily dedicated to the development of environmental genomics projects for exploring biodiversity. The production and development activities for sequencing are carried out by the Sequencing Laboratory (LS), equipped with state-of-the-art sequencing technologies. This unit, consisting of around twenty experienced technicians and engineers, is fueled by both its own projects and large-scale collaborative projects on a national and international level.
Why join us:
Joining our team at Genoscope/LS means being part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment that brings together bioinformaticians, microbiologists, geneticists, biologists and more. In this collaborative environment, diverse expertise converges to tackle complex challenges, fostering innovation and groundbreaking discoveries in genomics research.
We are excited to have you join our team and contribute to the advancement of genomics research.
If you have any questions or require further information, please feel free to contact email@example.com